Sunday, April 11, 2010

Taught By Their Mothers

A few weeks ago, our youth choir was asked to sing for Mother's Day. I couldn't find anything that I liked, so I finally decided to write a song for the event. I didn't want a slow song, because the youth get bored with those kinds of songs. I took my inspiration from Helaman's stripling warriors and the pioneer youth. I am pretty pleased with the results. It is called Taught by Their Mothers, and I have included sheet music. You can also listen to the accompaniment below.

Taught By Their Mothers (accompaniment)

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is wonderful! And how neat it is that you combined the stripling warriors story in the 1st verse with pioneer youth in the 2nd. Then I like how it ended with a personal testament. Great job. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!

Edinalva said...

Amber, I'm posting in my blog to share this wonderful song! Thanks for your love. Didi
(http://didiatreliefsociety.blogspot.com)

Kory said...

What an AMAZING song... gave me chills! Thanks for sharing this song!

Kathy said...

wow you are amazing. I would like to hear a version with the words sung also.

Sarah said...

i want the words sung too! please post!! :)

Amber said...

Sorry it's taking me so long. I have been trying to coordinate a time to record the words and music together. We should have it up by next Monday (may 3rd)

Cindrie said...

I love to sing this song it's sooooo awesome and powerful!!!

Amber said...

Thanks Cindrie, you guys sound great!

rogerdpack said...

I really like the song!

rogerdpack said...

Oh sorry forgot to post a link to my site--if you ever want to upload that song to it too :)
http://freemusicformormons.com/lds-ward-choir-music

Megan said...

I love this song! What wonderful doctrine it teaches. Thank you for sharing your talents!! I am going to organize my brother and sister so we can sing this for my mom this mother's day. :)